HARRISON, N.J. — Real Salt Lake defender Jamison Olave made his second straight MLS All-Star Game start on Wednesday night, but this year his appearance was cut short by injury.
Olave suffered a left knee sprain against Manchester United in the first half and was forced to leave the game in the 38th minute. The MLS All-Stars were down 1-0 when he left the game and ended up losing the match 4-0.
Olave will be evaluated by RSL team doctors when he returns to Utah on Thursday, but it's unlikely he'll be available for this Saturday's home match against Columbus.
Real Salt Lake midfielder Kyle Beckerman also made an appearance in the match, replacing starter Shalrie Joseph at the half. RSL's Beckerman was voted an all-star last year, but an injury forced him to skip the match.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34