Real Salt Lake: Jamison Olave sprains knee in All-Star game
HARRISON, N.J. — Real Salt Lake defender Jamison Olave made his second straight MLS All-Star Game start on Wednesday night, but this year his appearance was cut short by injury.
Olave suffered a left knee sprain against Manchester United in the first half and was forced to leave the game in the 38th minute. The MLS All-Stars were down 1-0 when he left the game and ended up losing the match 4-0.
Olave will be evaluated by RSL team doctors when he returns to Utah on Thursday, but it's unlikely he'll be available for this Saturday's home match against Columbus.
Real Salt Lake midfielder Kyle Beckerman also made an appearance in the match, replacing starter Shalrie Joseph at the half. RSL's Beckerman was voted an all-star last year, but an injury forced him to skip the match.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 34
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 28
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16