Real Salt Lake: Jamison Olave sprains knee in All-Star game
HARRISON, N.J. — Real Salt Lake defender Jamison Olave made his second straight MLS All-Star Game start on Wednesday night, but this year his appearance was cut short by injury.
Olave suffered a left knee sprain against Manchester United in the first half and was forced to leave the game in the 38th minute. The MLS All-Stars were down 1-0 when he left the game and ended up losing the match 4-0.
Olave will be evaluated by RSL team doctors when he returns to Utah on Thursday, but it's unlikely he'll be available for this Saturday's home match against Columbus.
Real Salt Lake midfielder Kyle Beckerman also made an appearance in the match, replacing starter Shalrie Joseph at the half. RSL's Beckerman was voted an all-star last year, but an injury forced him to skip the match.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21