Real Salt Lake: Jamison Olave sprains knee in All-Star game
HARRISON, N.J. — Real Salt Lake defender Jamison Olave made his second straight MLS All-Star Game start on Wednesday night, but this year his appearance was cut short by injury.
Olave suffered a left knee sprain against Manchester United in the first half and was forced to leave the game in the 38th minute. The MLS All-Stars were down 1-0 when he left the game and ended up losing the match 4-0.
Olave will be evaluated by RSL team doctors when he returns to Utah on Thursday, but it's unlikely he'll be available for this Saturday's home match against Columbus.
Real Salt Lake midfielder Kyle Beckerman also made an appearance in the match, replacing starter Shalrie Joseph at the half. RSL's Beckerman was voted an all-star last year, but an injury forced him to skip the match.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15