A highly-anticipated paper is Utah State University graduate student Don Bradley's " 'President Joseph Has Translated a Portion': Solving the Mystery of the Kinderhook Plates."
Conference sessions run both days from 9 a.m. until 5:45 p.m., and each day will be packed with stimulating presentations. As in every previous conference, the closing presenter will be the aging FAIR warhorse Daniel Peterson, speaking, this year, on "Mormonism, Islam and the Question of Other Religions." His placement on the program is wise, since the audience will be walking out after the final session anyway.
For further information on the 2011 FAIR Conference, see the FAIR website.
Daniel C. Peterson is a professor of Islamic studies and Arabic at BYU, where he also serves as editor in chief of the Middle Eastern Texts Initiative and as director of outreach for the Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship. He is the founder of MormonScholarsTestify.org."
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13