Knoxville News Sentinel, Saul Young, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A lesbian couple is asking for changes at Dollywood after an employee there asked one of the women to turn her shirt that said "Marriage is so gay" inside-out to avoid offending others during a recent trip.
Olivier Odom and Jennifer Tipton told The Knoxville News Sentinel they want the park to be more inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families after Odom was asked to reverse her shirt when they visited Dollywood Splash Country next to the Pigeon Forge amusement park. The story was first reported by WBIR-TV in Knoxville.
Dollywood spokesman Pete Owens said Dollywood is open to all families, but their dress code policy is to ask people with clothing or tattoos that could be considered offensive to change clothes or cover up.
Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Student debt pushing some retirees toward...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4