Knoxville News Sentinel, Saul Young, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A lesbian couple is asking for changes at Dollywood after an employee there asked one of the women to turn her shirt that said "Marriage is so gay" inside-out to avoid offending others during a recent trip.
Olivier Odom and Jennifer Tipton told The Knoxville News Sentinel they want the park to be more inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families after Odom was asked to reverse her shirt when they visited Dollywood Splash Country next to the Pigeon Forge amusement park. The story was first reported by WBIR-TV in Knoxville.
Dollywood spokesman Pete Owens said Dollywood is open to all families, but their dress code policy is to ask people with clothing or tattoos that could be considered offensive to change clothes or cover up.
Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 34
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13