Knoxville News Sentinel, Saul Young, Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A lesbian couple is asking for changes at Dollywood after an employee there asked one of the women to turn her shirt that said "Marriage is so gay" inside-out to avoid offending others during a recent trip.
Olivier Odom and Jennifer Tipton told The Knoxville News Sentinel they want the park to be more inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families after Odom was asked to reverse her shirt when they visited Dollywood Splash Country next to the Pigeon Forge amusement park. The story was first reported by WBIR-TV in Knoxville.
Dollywood spokesman Pete Owens said Dollywood is open to all families, but their dress code policy is to ask people with clothing or tattoos that could be considered offensive to change clothes or cover up.
Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- The Latest on prophet cartoon case: 1 man's...
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- Defeated boxer Pacquiao keeps faith, as do...
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 19
- More Americans spending at least half... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired... 12
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 11
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9