Why is President Obama making a big push to raise the debt ceiling now? Remember, this is last year's budget we are talking about. Last year the Democrats controlled the House, the Senate and the Oval Office. Rep. Nancy Pelosi refused to pass a budget in the House. Sen. Harry Reid refused to pass a budget in the Senate. Obama also refused to demand a budget from the House and Senate.
Why? Because the Democrats were afraid the voters wouldn't like their version of a budget. Now the Republicans have passed a budget in the House and sent it to the Senate and the president. Reid has refused to pass a Senate version of the budget. Obama refuses to present a serious budget or require one from Congress. The president and other Democrats should have passed their budget last year but are currently content taking potshots at the House budget. Obama needs to roll up his sleeves, sign the budget and get to work on the economy.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Letter: Not so lazy 31