Scanpix, Morten Holm) NORWAY OUT, Associated Press
OSLO, Norway — A police official says the man who gunned down 84 people on a Norwegian island may have had 30 minutes for his killing spree.
Johan Fredriksen said Saturday a SWAT team was put on standby after a bombing in Oslo that killed seven people. One man is thought to have planted the bomb and then headed to the island for the massacre.
When asked how long it took the SWAT team to arrive at the island after the shooting began, Fredriksen said: "It takes the time it takes to drive fast." He said that was about 30 minutes.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- Father of pilot captured by Islamic State...
- Protesters rally for 2nd night after shooting...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to... 4