Scanpix, Morten Holm) NORWAY OUT, Associated Press
OSLO, Norway — A police official says the man who gunned down 84 people on a Norwegian island may have had 30 minutes for his killing spree.
Johan Fredriksen said Saturday a SWAT team was put on standby after a bombing in Oslo that killed seven people. One man is thought to have planted the bomb and then headed to the island for the massacre.
When asked how long it took the SWAT team to arrive at the island after the shooting began, Fredriksen said: "It takes the time it takes to drive fast." He said that was about 30 minutes.
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- What is the most Hawaiian movie set in...
- Study says girls seek sisterhood in the...
- Administration asks skeptical judge to toss...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Psychiatrist: Colorado theater shooter 'knew...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Gays wake up to changed Ireland, let... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 8
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 8
- Obama urges Senate to renew... 7