Scanpix, Morten Holm) NORWAY OUT, Associated Press
OSLO, Norway — A police official says the man who gunned down 84 people on a Norwegian island may have had 30 minutes for his killing spree.
Johan Fredriksen said Saturday a SWAT team was put on standby after a bombing in Oslo that killed seven people. One man is thought to have planted the bomb and then headed to the island for the massacre.
When asked how long it took the SWAT team to arrive at the island after the shooting began, Fredriksen said: "It takes the time it takes to drive fast." He said that was about 30 minutes.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4