Scanpix, Morten Holm) NORWAY OUT, Associated Press
OSLO, Norway — A police official says the man who gunned down 84 people on a Norwegian island may have had 30 minutes for his killing spree.
Johan Fredriksen said Saturday a SWAT team was put on standby after a bombing in Oslo that killed seven people. One man is thought to have planted the bomb and then headed to the island for the massacre.
When asked how long it took the SWAT team to arrive at the island after the shooting began, Fredriksen said: "It takes the time it takes to drive fast." He said that was about 30 minutes.
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Private actions are company business
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 21
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9