SALT LAKE CITY — KJZZ-TV and the University of Utah athletics department have announced a local television partnership for the 2011 football season.
KJZZ-TV will broadcast the season-opener against Montana State on Sept. 1, with other selections to be determined.
"This is a tremendous opportunity for KJZZ," said Randy Rigby, President of Larry H. Miller Sports and Entertainment. "We are thrilled to broadcast Utah football and the Pac-12 to viewers in the state of Utah as well as parts of Wyoming and Nevada."
"KJZZ is proud to partner with the University of Utah," said Chris Baum, KJZZ General Manager. "Paired with our award-winning broadcast team, Utah football will be a tremendous addition to our sports lineup."
Networks aligned with the Pac-12 Conference and Utah's non-conference road opponents have first rights at telecasting Utah's games in 2011 and have already chosen Ute games vs. USC on Sept. 10 (VERSUS), BYU on Sept. 17 (ESPN2) and Colorado on Nov. 25 (FSN). In addition, the ESPN and FOX family of stations reserve the right to choose additional games up to six or 12 days in advance of the game.
KJZZ-TV will broadcast its games over the air on Channel 14 (HD) in Salt Lake City. KJZZ is also found on Comcast (Ch. 3 and HD Ch. 657), Dish Network (Ch. 14) and DirecTV (Ch. 14).
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22