Tom Olmscheid, Associated Press
MINNEAPOLIS — Jhonny Peralta finished a triple short of the cycle and had four RBIs to lift Detroit to an 8-2 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night, the Tigers' 11th straight win over their AL Central rivals.
Max Scherzer (11-5) gave up one run and four hits in seven innings and Ryan Raburn also homered for the Tigers, who picked up a game on second-place Cleveland and pushed the Twins seven games back in the division.
Brian Duensing (7-8) was rocked for seven runs and nine hits in 4 2-3 innings for the Twins, who have dropped the first two games in the series with the division leaders.
Jim Thome had two hits and an RBI for Minnesota.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24