I recently read that Sen. Orrin Hatch will not specify what he would cut in the federal budget. He said, "When the time comes (for passing a balanced budget amendment), I will name them." I thing that is cowardly. The proposed amendment will not pass in the Senate. Without any tax increases, the federal budget would have to be cut by 34 percent. Discretionary spending only takes up 13 percent. That means drastic cuts in entitlements and Defense.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...