I recently read that Sen. Orrin Hatch will not specify what he would cut in the federal budget. He said, "When the time comes (for passing a balanced budget amendment), I will name them." I thing that is cowardly. The proposed amendment will not pass in the Senate. Without any tax increases, the federal budget would have to be cut by 34 percent. Discretionary spending only takes up 13 percent. That means drastic cuts in entitlements and Defense.
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17
- In our opinion: How committed are... 17