SALT LAKE CITY The day after the Utah Jazz's season ended this past April, general manager Dennis Lindsey mentioned multiple times that the organization was willing to do something "bold" to build a championship-contending team for the future.
What the Jazz did on Thursday night in the NBA Draft could be considered in that bold category.
First, the Jazz acquired Michigan point guard Trey Burke in a trade with Minnesota. In exchange for the guy considered the best playmaker in the draft, the Jazz sent their 14th and 21st picks to the Timberwolves.
Utah then obtained French center Rudy Gobert, a 7-foot-1 big who has a 7-foot-9 wingspan, for their second-round pick and cash to Denver, according to the Denver Post.
In a series of three lists, we take a look at recent Jazz draftees and see where they've ended up. We'll work back in chronological order from the 2013 draft.
For 2013-2002 draft picks, click here.
For 2001-1990 draft picks, click here.
For 1989-1975 draft picks, click here.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19