SALT LAKE CITY The day after the Utah Jazz's season ended this past April, general manager Dennis Lindsey mentioned multiple times that the organization was willing to do something "bold" to build a championship-contending team for the future.
What the Jazz did on Thursday night in the NBA Draft could be considered in that bold category.
First, the Jazz acquired Michigan point guard Trey Burke in a trade with Minnesota. In exchange for the guy considered the best playmaker in the draft, the Jazz sent their 14th and 21st picks to the Timberwolves.
Utah then obtained French center Rudy Gobert, a 7-foot-1 big who has a 7-foot-9 wingspan, for their second-round pick and cash to Denver, according to the Denver Post.
In a series of three lists, we take a look at recent Jazz draftees and see where they've ended up. We'll work back in chronological order from the 2013 draft.
For 2013-2002 draft picks, click here.
For 2001-1990 draft picks, click here.
For 1989-1975 draft picks, click here.
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 63
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36