SALT LAKE CITY The day after the Utah Jazz's season ended this past April, general manager Dennis Lindsey mentioned multiple times that the organization was willing to do something "bold" to build a championship-contending team for the future.
What the Jazz did on Thursday night in the NBA Draft could be considered in that bold category.
First, the Jazz acquired Michigan point guard Trey Burke in a trade with Minnesota. In exchange for the guy considered the best playmaker in the draft, the Jazz sent their 14th and 21st picks to the Timberwolves.
Utah then obtained French center Rudy Gobert, a 7-foot-1 big who has a 7-foot-9 wingspan, for their second-round pick and cash to Denver, according to the Denver Post.
In a series of three lists, we take a look at recent Jazz draftees and see where they've ended up. We'll work back in chronological order from the 2013 draft.
For 2013-2002 draft picks, click here.
For 2001-1990 draft picks, click here.
For 1989-1975 draft picks, click here.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 142
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 63
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 42
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25