Real Salt Lake signs former Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player of the Year Chris Agorsor
SANDY — It took Chris Agorsor a while to prove himself, but after a month-long trial with Real Salt Lake he was officially signed on Wednesday. His trial with RSL began on June 14, just two weeks after the rookie was released by the Philadelphia Union.
The 20-year-old forward will add depth to a position that's been a troublesome spot for RSL this year. He'll be available for selection for this Saturday's match against San Jose.
Agorsor is a player with a big upside after being named the Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player of the Year in 2008. He suffered a severe knee injury at the University of Virginia, however, and he's still trying to rediscover his vast potential.
Agorsor had a brief training stint with Manchester United following two years at Virginia.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6