Real Salt Lake signs former Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player of the Year Chris Agorsor
SANDY — It took Chris Agorsor a while to prove himself, but after a month-long trial with Real Salt Lake he was officially signed on Wednesday. His trial with RSL began on June 14, just two weeks after the rookie was released by the Philadelphia Union.
The 20-year-old forward will add depth to a position that's been a troublesome spot for RSL this year. He'll be available for selection for this Saturday's match against San Jose.
Agorsor is a player with a big upside after being named the Gatorade National Boys Soccer Player of the Year in 2008. He suffered a severe knee injury at the University of Virginia, however, and he's still trying to rediscover his vast potential.
Agorsor had a brief training stint with Manchester United following two years at Virginia.
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 22