RENO, Nev. — Former NFL and BYU quarterback Jim McMahon has been released from a Nevada hospital after he was injured in a crash in a limousine on the way from Lake Tahoe to the airport.
McMahon and girlfriend, Lori Navon, were injured along with the driver on Monday when the limo swerved off U.S. Highway 395 in Pleasant Valley and crashed through a barbed-wire fence into a drainage ditch.
McMahon's agent Vincent Calo told the Reno Gazette-Journal on Wednesday that the former Chicago Bear tore ligaments in his foot and suffered trauma to his head, neck and back. Navon suffered a concussion.
Calo says both have returned home to Scottsdale, Ariz.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21