The lower portion of the yellow home is the structure in which Oliver Cowdery taught school when he boarded with the Joseph Smith Sr. family in their Manchester, N.Y., frame home. The school was the lower section of the home with the four pillars supporting the roof. The two-story addition was not there when Oliver taught in the little schoolhouse. At that time, that little building was located farther north on Stafford Road on the site now occupied by the stone structure seen in the distance at the far right. The stone building was a replacement schoolhouse and postdates the period when Oliver taught. A more recent view of the schoolhouse is shown in a second photograph.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 54
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7