Make a special effort to be a friend to those less fortunate than you.
As you mature and face new challenges, don't hesitate to discuss with me what is on your mind. You might learn from the mistakes of others.
Recognize how LUCKY you are to live and be educated in this great country. People from around the world are dying every day trying to get INTO this country — not out.
Don't forget to have fun!!
School can be a great time in your life.
Many of these suggestions will be useful throughout your life — learn them well. I wish you the greatest success in your efforts and hope you find school both rewarding and enjoyable.
Jeff Thredgold is the chief economist for Zions Bank and founder of Thredgold Economic Associates, a professional speaking and economic consulting firm. Visit www.thredgold.com.
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt Lake...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- GOED announces incentives for 500 new Utah jobs
- 3 simple steps for building financial...
- Amazon asks FAA for permission to fly drones
- UTA gains Davis County approval for bus rapid...
- Winter skiing at Park City resort hangs on...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt... 7
- DeseretNews.com continues to see... 6
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads,... 4
- Kearns-Tribune, Deseret News ask judge... 4
- House votes to make business tax break... 3
- Smith's store to anchor development at... 3