Make a special effort to be a friend to those less fortunate than you.
As you mature and face new challenges, don't hesitate to discuss with me what is on your mind. You might learn from the mistakes of others.
Recognize how LUCKY you are to live and be educated in this great country. People from around the world are dying every day trying to get INTO this country — not out.
Don't forget to have fun!!
School can be a great time in your life.
Many of these suggestions will be useful throughout your life — learn them well. I wish you the greatest success in your efforts and hope you find school both rewarding and enjoyable.
Jeff Thredgold is the chief economist for Zions Bank and founder of Thredgold Economic Associates, a professional speaking and economic consulting firm. Visit www.thredgold.com.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for future...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 8
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for... 2
- United Kingdom government predicting... 1