Fox & Friends co-host Ainsley Earhardt said Mitt Romney was not a Christian during her program this morning.
Can (Gov. Rick Perry) get in and raise money with Mitt Romney? That I dont know, said host Dave Briggs.
There are a lot of Republicans who think he cant, replied co-host Clayton Morris.
Well the Christian coalition — I think (Perry) can get a lot of money from that base because (of) Romney obviously not being a Christian, said co-host Earhardt. Rick Perry, hes always on talk shows — on Christian talk shows — he has days of prayer in Texas.
In December of 2007, Romney delivered a speech titled, Faith in America in which he discussed his religious beliefs.
There is one fundamental question about which I often am asked. What do I believe about Jesus Christ? Romney said. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of mankind. My church's beliefs about Christ may not all be the same as those of other faiths.
Despite non-adherence to traditional Christian creeds, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints considers itself a Christian faith. Previous president of the LDS Church, Gordon B. Hinckley, said:
We are Christians in a very real sense and that is coming to be more and more widely recognized We, of course, accept Jesus Christ as our Leader, our King, our Savior the dominant figure in the history of the world, the only perfect Man who ever walked the earth, the living Son of the living God. He is our Savior and our Redeemer through whose atoning sacrifice has come the opportunity of eternal life. Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints pray and worship in the name of Jesus Christ. He is the center of our faith and the head of our Church. The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ and witnesses of His divinity, His life, and His Atonement.
Earhardt is also a Christian who hails from South Carolina and joined Fox News in 2007, according to an article from Mark Finkelstein posted on the freerepublic.com.
Attempts to contact Fox News regarding Earhardts remarks have not yet been returned.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 15
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 14