Portland goalkeeper Troy Perkins stopped eight Chicago shots in earning his fourth shutout of the season.
SPORTING KC 1, DYNAMO 1: At Houston, Aurelien Colin scored late in the second half and Sporting Kansas City extended its unbeaten streak to 11 games with a draw against the undermanned Dynamo.
Houston (5-6-9) played the final 21 minutes down two men, but stretched its unbeaten streak to four games and kept a one-point lead over Kansas City (5-6-8) for fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
Brad Davis gave Houston a 1-0 lead in the eighth minute on an unassisted direct kick from about 25 yards out to the right that found the net inside the far post.
Colin tied the score in the 90th minute hitting a low drive from 25 yards out in the middle that deflected off of Houston's Kofi Sarkodie and into the middle of the net.
RED BULLS 0, CHIVAS USA 0: At Carson, Calif., Frank Rost's New York debut was overshadowed as Chivas USA goalkeeper Dan Kennedy stole the show for his first shutout of the season.
Kennedy made three saves to help the Rojiblancos extend their unbeaten streak to four games.
The struggling Red Bulls were unable to get past Kennedy, who stopped numerous chances. New York had its best opportunity in the 21st minute when midfielder Teemu Tanio fired a shot from 30 yards that forced Kennedy into a diving save.
With the draw, the Red Bulls have only one win in their last seven matches.
RSL game postponed
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Real Salt Lake's game this afternoon at Vancouver has been postponed because of soggy field conditions on the temporary grass playing surface at Empire Field.
The match will be rescheduled later this year.
The temporary grass playing surface was laid in preparation for a friendly between Vancouver and Manchester City on July 18. Steady rains and no drainage have made the field too soggy to play on.
Real Salt Lake returns to action next Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium against San Jose.
- The 1995 NBA draft redone: Was Greg Ostertag...
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;...
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul Neto...
- Jazz fan favorite Jeremy Evans' era in Utah...
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Hatfield suspended from U. football program...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 106
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 32
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;... 31
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert... 29
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 27
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 27
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven... 18