VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Real Salt Lake's game this afternoon at Vancouver has been postponed because of soggy field conditions on the temporary grass playing surface at Empire Field.
The match will be rescheduled later this year.
The temporary grass playing surface was laid in preparation for a friendly between Vancouver and Manchester City on July 18. Steady rains and no drainage have made the field too soggy to play on.
Real Salt Lake returns to action next Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium against San Jose.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25