Nets' player signs with turkish team
ANKARA — New Jersey Nets guard Sasha Vujacic has signed with a Turkish team for next season.
Anadolu Efes said Friday the 27-year old Slovenian guard agreed to a one-year deal with an optional second year. It did not say whether Vujacic has an option to return to New Jersey if the NBA lockout is lifted.
With the next NBA season threatened by the lockout, Turkish club Besiktas has previously said it is close to signing Nets All-Star guard Deron Williams. Nets' draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic signed with Fenerbahce of the Turkish League in June.
BYU's Jake Heaps makes O'brien watch list
BYU sophomore quarterback Jake Heaps has been named to the 2011 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award Watch list.
Meanwhile, BYU senior running back JJ Di Luigi and Utah State's Robert Turbin have been named a preseason candidate for the Doak Walker Award. He is one of 51 on the watch list for the award, emblematic of the nation's top running back.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 17