Jimmer Fredette tied with Charles Barkley at celebrity golf tournament
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Jimmer Fredette isn't in last place after the first round of the American Century Championship, but he isn't much better.
Former BYU start Fredette finished with a score of -30. Only Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus fared worse, scoring a -31. The tournament is using the Stableford scoring format (a hole in one gets you 8 points, eagle 6 points, birdie 3, par 1, bogie 0 and double bogey -2.). The worst score possible for a 18-hole is a -36.
Fredette finished tied for 83rd place with Charles Barkley and his notoriously awful golf swing. Actor and one-time champion of the celebrity tournament Jack Wagner is at the top of the leaderboard with 29 points.
Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams is in 43rd place with 6 points.
See complete scoreboard: golf-acc.ids-sports.com/
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22