Jimmer Fredette tied with Charles Barkley at celebrity golf tournament
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Jimmer Fredette isn't in last place after the first round of the American Century Championship, but he isn't much better.
Former BYU start Fredette finished with a score of -30. Only Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus fared worse, scoring a -31. The tournament is using the Stableford scoring format (a hole in one gets you 8 points, eagle 6 points, birdie 3, par 1, bogie 0 and double bogey -2.). The worst score possible for a 18-hole is a -36.
Fredette finished tied for 83rd place with Charles Barkley and his notoriously awful golf swing. Actor and one-time champion of the celebrity tournament Jack Wagner is at the top of the leaderboard with 29 points.
Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams is in 43rd place with 6 points.
See complete scoreboard: golf-acc.ids-sports.com/
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45