Jimmer Fredette tied with Charles Barkley at celebrity golf tournament
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Jimmer Fredette isn't in last place after the first round of the American Century Championship, but he isn't much better.
Former BYU start Fredette finished with a score of -30. Only Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus fared worse, scoring a -31. The tournament is using the Stableford scoring format (a hole in one gets you 8 points, eagle 6 points, birdie 3, par 1, bogie 0 and double bogey -2.). The worst score possible for a 18-hole is a -36.
Fredette finished tied for 83rd place with Charles Barkley and his notoriously awful golf swing. Actor and one-time champion of the celebrity tournament Jack Wagner is at the top of the leaderboard with 29 points.
Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams is in 43rd place with 6 points.
See complete scoreboard: golf-acc.ids-sports.com/
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33