Jimmer Fredette tied with Charles Barkley at celebrity golf tournament
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Jimmer Fredette isn't in last place after the first round of the American Century Championship, but he isn't much better.
Former BYU start Fredette finished with a score of -30. Only Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus fared worse, scoring a -31. The tournament is using the Stableford scoring format (a hole in one gets you 8 points, eagle 6 points, birdie 3, par 1, bogie 0 and double bogey -2.). The worst score possible for a 18-hole is a -36.
Fredette finished tied for 83rd place with Charles Barkley and his notoriously awful golf swing. Actor and one-time champion of the celebrity tournament Jack Wagner is at the top of the leaderboard with 29 points.
Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams is in 43rd place with 6 points.
See complete scoreboard: golf-acc.ids-sports.com/
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24