Jimmer Fredette tied with Charles Barkley at celebrity golf tournament
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Jimmer Fredette isn't in last place after the first round of the American Century Championship, but he isn't much better.
Former BYU start Fredette finished with a score of -30. Only Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus fared worse, scoring a -31. The tournament is using the Stableford scoring format (a hole in one gets you 8 points, eagle 6 points, birdie 3, par 1, bogie 0 and double bogey -2.). The worst score possible for a 18-hole is a -36.
Fredette finished tied for 83rd place with Charles Barkley and his notoriously awful golf swing. Actor and one-time champion of the celebrity tournament Jack Wagner is at the top of the leaderboard with 29 points.
Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams is in 43rd place with 6 points.
See complete scoreboard: golf-acc.ids-sports.com/
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26