Gail Burton, Associated Press
BALTIMORE — Asdrubal Cabrera and Carlos Santana homered, Justin Masterson struck out eight in six innings, and the Cleveland Indians beat Baltimore 8-4 Thursday night to extend the Orioles' losing streak to eight games.
The victory moved the Indians into first place in the AL Central, percentage points ahead of idle Detroit. Cleveland lost three straight before the All-Star break to fall out of first for the first time since June 28.
Cabrera and Santana connected in a three-run first inning against Jeremy Guthrie (3-13), giving the Indians the lead for good. Cleveland is 4-0 against Baltimore this season, outscoring the Orioles 28-11.
Masterson (8-6) gave up four runs and eight hits, improving to 3-0 in his last three starts.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28