BYU's Harry Potter parody video is a YouTube hit; Divine Comedy releases 'Firebolt'
Magic is a hot topic as fans of Harry Potter await the final installment of the movie series.
Capitalizing on the arrival of the final Harry Potter movie, the Divine Comedy troupe at BYU has released "Firebolt," a Harry Potter-inspired music video parody of Katy Perry's "Firework." On YouTube, the video is giving the group national attention and tapping into nearly 100,000 hearts of Potter enthusiasts.
"This was just me being nerdy, just writing my heart down," said Whitney Call, writer of the parody, in an interview with Action 19 News in Cleveland. "But others were like, 'Oh! This is exactly how I feel!'"
The video shows several college-aged people who long to escape the "Muggle world" into the world of magic. Each person has a moment that triggers his or her flight from Mugglehood. For one it is the broom with which she's sweeping the kitchen, another his failed attempts at concocting potions in chemistry class.
"Did you ever feel so disappointed when you closed the book and realized that the story had to end? But maybe you were wrong and you are chosen, too…so grab your wand and go," sings Call, as those who didn't receive their letter of acceptance from Hogwarts congregate together to pretend, just for a minute, that there's magic.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22