HOUSTON — BYU senior offensive tackle Matt Reynolds has been named to the 2011 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List released by the Rotary Lombardi Award Committee on Tuesday.
Reynolds, a preaseason All-American who was also named to the 2011 Outland Trophy Watch List, is a two-time first-team All-Mountain West Conference tackle who has started all 39 games of his career.
Reynolds, a 6-foot-6, 322-pound left tackle, enters his senior year as one of the nation's top lineman after deciding not to enter this year's NFL Draft.
Eligibility for the Rotary Lombardi Award is limited to down linemen, end-to-end, either on offense of defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, and linebackers who set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage. All candidates also must be eligible to play college sports under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26