HOUSTON — BYU senior offensive tackle Matt Reynolds has been named to the 2011 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List released by the Rotary Lombardi Award Committee on Tuesday.
Reynolds, a preaseason All-American who was also named to the 2011 Outland Trophy Watch List, is a two-time first-team All-Mountain West Conference tackle who has started all 39 games of his career.
Reynolds, a 6-foot-6, 322-pound left tackle, enters his senior year as one of the nation's top lineman after deciding not to enter this year's NFL Draft.
Eligibility for the Rotary Lombardi Award is limited to down linemen, end-to-end, either on offense of defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, and linebackers who set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage. All candidates also must be eligible to play college sports under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25