A similar focus will be on the President to see whether he embraces "THE CHANGE-UP" of a more centric position to expand his support. After all, adopting "THE CHAMELEON" mentality to enhance voter popularity is tried and true in American political history.
The U.S. Military
Don't forget to remember our fighting men and women In Harm's Way, putting their lives on the line daily in "THE GUARD" of the freedoms we enjoy. Tens of thousands of American and coalition troops find themselves "ON STRANGER TIDES," constantly facing the "DEATHLY HALLOWS" as simply "LIFE IN A DAY."
Their lives are a series of exhausting "POINT BLANK" trips up and down "GUN HILLROAD," battling "COWBOYS AND ALIENS" and other foreign bodies, placing STAKEs in the ground supporting freedom for any and all. Their ultimate search for the "GREEN LANTERN" of peace suggests "THE HELP" we can provide them with letters and kind gestures is much appreciated.
As you come across a member of the military with or without their family in a restaurant, consider discretely picking up their tab. It is money well spent. Military BEGINNERS just out of high school especially need a kind word or a meaningful gesture.
The American Economy
Modest U.S.economic growth during 2011's first half could give way to a more "FIRST CLASS" performance in coming months. Tantalizing tidbits about a stronger manufacturing sector, as well as prospects of "CARS 2" pick up their sales and production pace, strengthen that notion. The prospect of a "NOT BUMMER SUMMER" clearly helped the stock market and "SALVATION BOULEVARD" (Wall Street) to a strong rally in late June/early July.
Stronger U.S. economic growth could strengthen "THE TREE OF LIFE" (jobs), in some cases allowing talented workers to escape "HORRIBLE BOSSES." The "FADING OF THE CRIES" of the unemployed would work wonders in terms of American confidence … American morale.
Stronger U.S.economic growth would obviously provide "A BETTER LIFE" for hundreds of thousands of Americans. It would also allow more people to realistically envision a solid retirement at a desirable age with adequate funding, as they reenter the "CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS."
Jeff Thredgold is the chief economist for Zions Bank and founder of Thredgold Economic Associates, a professional speaking and economic consulting firm. Visit www.thredgold.com.
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The Interview'...
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for time...
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in 2015
- Can't buy me love: How to give your partner...
- Randy Shumway: One solution for air...
- Is brand loyalty the new religion?
- Judge to decide documents dispute in... 7
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- Wells Fargo providing $15K grants to... 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- US consumer prices fall in November 3