Tania Navarro, El Observador de Utah
I would like to thank all of the people who made the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition possible. I know thousands of people were involved in building the home in one week — amazing! Thank you to all of the volunteers who came, day and night, and worked under extreme heat and high winds.
Thank you to all that donated supplies and money. Thank you to all of the Rio Tinto/Daybreak people and Holmes Homes staff. They were remarkable, not only in what they accomplished, but in their positive interactions with my family and the community.
Thank you to the many vendors who provided food, goodies and water 24/7 for the workers and visitors. Thank you to the many neighbors that have welcomed us.
Members of my family volunteered and were so delighted with the positive attitude of everyone they met. I was told by many that it was very magical and something they will never forget. I wish I could meet each of you and personally thank you for all your time and effort on my family's behalf. I am profoundly grateful.
Jessica Gomez and family
- In our opinion: Yes, Virginia, there is a...
- Beverly Willett: National marriage rates in...
- In our opinion: Joy to the World — the...
- Letter: Sharing culpability
- This year's most popular editorials
- Jay Evensen: Fixing Salt Lake's Pioneer Park...
- Letter: High-density housing
- Arthur Cyr: Peace and war at Christmas