Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: Democracy and political...
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Jeff Singer: From doctors to bureaucrats: A...
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Legislative...
- Letter: Hive Pass prices unfair
- Charles Krauthammer: Serious foreign policy,...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 35
- Letter: Putin's invasion 23
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped... 21
- Letter: Democracy is ... 19
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:... 19