Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35