Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- David McAllister-Wilson: The joy of Christian...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 51
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 51
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24