Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38