Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30