Apparently Larry Scott, Commissioner of the PAC 12, either doesn't understand the culture of Utah or chooses to ignore it by suggesting that PAC 12 football could be played on Sundays as ersatz for NFL Football.
He has cast a wet blanket on an otherwise exuberant celebration of Utah entering the PAC 12 by suggesting that he is open to scheduling PAC 12 football on Sundays if the NFL Lockout continues.
As a longtime Crimson Club member I would give up my membership and tickets before I would ever support Utah playing football on Sunday. In a time when Utah needs to expand facilities and enlist further support from the Crimson Club and others, Chris Hill would be shooting himself in the foot by thinking this community would support Sunday play. I don't think I am alone.
Frank C. Overfelt
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- President should not act without...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 37
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 20
- President should not act without... 19