New York — After two days of TV appearances, performances and interviews, Javier Colon, winner of NBC's singing competition "The Voice," is preparing for his next big gig: His friend's wedding.
"I get to go home for probably twelve hours or so before I actually get on a flight to go back to California to my good friend's wedding," the 34-year-old singer said Friday. "Now the timing is not great, but I told him that I was gonna be there."
Colon took home the $100,000 grand prize and a recording contract from Wednesday's live season finale. The father of two said he had felt certain that runner up Dia Frampton would take top honors.
"And I was completely OK with that because I love Dia to death, and she is an amazing artist and an amazing person," he said.
Colon was coached by Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. The pair performed Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" on Tuesday's episode. Colon said fans can expect more where that came from.
"Adam and I already talked about doing something in studio. He's got a bunch of ideas. He's got some songs he wants to throw my way ... He might put his producer hat on and produce a record. We've got some plans."
Colon said coach Cee Lo Green also has expressed interest in a future collaboration.
Colon's hectic schedule won't be slowing down anytime soon. Aside from press tours and studio sessions, he also will be on the road with the top 8 "Voice" finalists for a six-city concert tour in late July.
Colon said he is loving every minute of it.
"I can't keep my head on straight. It's hard to keep my eyes open," he said. "But I'm trying to take it all in and just trying to soak it all in. It's been unbelievable."
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- By changing its name, ABC Family clarifies...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- 'Harry Potter' e-books come to life in new...
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit filed by...
- Pumpkin spice with a side of anxiety? How...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 62
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 50
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon,... 21
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 21
- Clinton pitches new gun controls... 15
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15