New York — After two days of TV appearances, performances and interviews, Javier Colon, winner of NBC's singing competition "The Voice," is preparing for his next big gig: His friend's wedding.
"I get to go home for probably twelve hours or so before I actually get on a flight to go back to California to my good friend's wedding," the 34-year-old singer said Friday. "Now the timing is not great, but I told him that I was gonna be there."
Colon took home the $100,000 grand prize and a recording contract from Wednesday's live season finale. The father of two said he had felt certain that runner up Dia Frampton would take top honors.
"And I was completely OK with that because I love Dia to death, and she is an amazing artist and an amazing person," he said.
Colon was coached by Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. The pair performed Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" on Tuesday's episode. Colon said fans can expect more where that came from.
"Adam and I already talked about doing something in studio. He's got a bunch of ideas. He's got some songs he wants to throw my way ... He might put his producer hat on and produce a record. We've got some plans."
Colon said coach Cee Lo Green also has expressed interest in a future collaboration.
Colon's hectic schedule won't be slowing down anytime soon. Aside from press tours and studio sessions, he also will be on the road with the top 8 "Voice" finalists for a six-city concert tour in late July.
Colon said he is loving every minute of it.
"I can't keep my head on straight. It's hard to keep my eyes open," he said. "But I'm trying to take it all in and just trying to soak it all in. It's been unbelievable."
- Live at the GOP convention: Donald Trump...
- Pro- and anti-Trump forces hold dueling...
- GOP speakers fault Clinton on Benghazi deaths
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of Melania...
- No charges for St. Louis officers who killed...
- Group: Half of Syrian refugee kids in Lebanon...
- Marilyn Monroe's tresses and dresses going up...
- India lifts ban but Kashmir papers not...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of... 49
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- GOP speakers fault Clinton on Benghazi... 44
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30