Politico reported Thursday that the presidential campaign of Jon Huntsman Jr. has raised $4.1 million to date.
"Sources say it's all hard dollars, and does not involve any cash from his Horizon PAC," Maggie Haberman writes. "One source said that 'less than half' is the seed money Huntsman gifted to his race for transportation costs. The sources all say the campaign isn't going to submit filings with the Federal Election Commission on July 15, something they're not required to do legally because of how late in June Huntsman declared."
As far as Huntsman's fundraising prowess in the Beehive State, sources tell the Deseret News that the former Utah governor's Salt Lake City fundraiser Tuesday at the Alta Club exceeded its goal of bringing in $150,000.
Also Thursday, CNN and Politico both picked up a Salt Lake Tribune story that Will Huntsman, the teenage son of Jon Huntsman Jr. who will soon enroll in the U.S. Naval Academy, attended Mitt Romney's Salt Lake City campaign rally last week.
Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller told the Tribune, "Will wanted to see another campaign event. He was having fun and it was not his intention to be disrespectful in any way."
Email: email@example.com. Twitter: askargo
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7