Politico reported Thursday that the presidential campaign of Jon Huntsman Jr. has raised $4.1 million to date.
"Sources say it's all hard dollars, and does not involve any cash from his Horizon PAC," Maggie Haberman writes. "One source said that 'less than half' is the seed money Huntsman gifted to his race for transportation costs. The sources all say the campaign isn't going to submit filings with the Federal Election Commission on July 15, something they're not required to do legally because of how late in June Huntsman declared."
As far as Huntsman's fundraising prowess in the Beehive State, sources tell the Deseret News that the former Utah governor's Salt Lake City fundraiser Tuesday at the Alta Club exceeded its goal of bringing in $150,000.
Also Thursday, CNN and Politico both picked up a Salt Lake Tribune story that Will Huntsman, the teenage son of Jon Huntsman Jr. who will soon enroll in the U.S. Naval Academy, attended Mitt Romney's Salt Lake City campaign rally last week.
Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller told the Tribune, "Will wanted to see another campaign event. He was having fun and it was not his intention to be disrespectful in any way."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: askargo
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22