Politico reported Thursday that the presidential campaign of Jon Huntsman Jr. has raised $4.1 million to date.
"Sources say it's all hard dollars, and does not involve any cash from his Horizon PAC," Maggie Haberman writes. "One source said that 'less than half' is the seed money Huntsman gifted to his race for transportation costs. The sources all say the campaign isn't going to submit filings with the Federal Election Commission on July 15, something they're not required to do legally because of how late in June Huntsman declared."
As far as Huntsman's fundraising prowess in the Beehive State, sources tell the Deseret News that the former Utah governor's Salt Lake City fundraiser Tuesday at the Alta Club exceeded its goal of bringing in $150,000.
Also Thursday, CNN and Politico both picked up a Salt Lake Tribune story that Will Huntsman, the teenage son of Jon Huntsman Jr. who will soon enroll in the U.S. Naval Academy, attended Mitt Romney's Salt Lake City campaign rally last week.
Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller told the Tribune, "Will wanted to see another campaign event. He was having fun and it was not his intention to be disrespectful in any way."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: askargo
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 61
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16