Politico reported Thursday that the presidential campaign of Jon Huntsman Jr. has raised $4.1 million to date.
"Sources say it's all hard dollars, and does not involve any cash from his Horizon PAC," Maggie Haberman writes. "One source said that 'less than half' is the seed money Huntsman gifted to his race for transportation costs. The sources all say the campaign isn't going to submit filings with the Federal Election Commission on July 15, something they're not required to do legally because of how late in June Huntsman declared."
As far as Huntsman's fundraising prowess in the Beehive State, sources tell the Deseret News that the former Utah governor's Salt Lake City fundraiser Tuesday at the Alta Club exceeded its goal of bringing in $150,000.
Also Thursday, CNN and Politico both picked up a Salt Lake Tribune story that Will Huntsman, the teenage son of Jon Huntsman Jr. who will soon enroll in the U.S. Naval Academy, attended Mitt Romney's Salt Lake City campaign rally last week.
Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller told the Tribune, "Will wanted to see another campaign event. He was having fun and it was not his intention to be disrespectful in any way."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: askargo
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Man rams truck into police station, assaults...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12