The famous search engine, Google.com, is branching out to include a
social networking site.
The new target="_google">GooglePlus Social Network was unveiled for the first
time on Tuesday, and people began to be use it, by invitation only, on
Google had to shut down the invitation feature after hundreds of people
flooded the new social scene, because of the "insane demand," said Vic
Gundotra, Google's head of social. "We need to do this carefully and in a
According to href="http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/29/google-opens-up-then-closes-google-plus-invites/" target="_google">VentureBeat.com, the high demand for the
new service is "telling."
Although the new project is still in beta testing, it is already
producing a lot of hype that previous Google social projects have not had.
Some people are even claiming it to be the next big thing in
href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=92057" target="_google">social networking
target="_google">social networking, even pulling users away from popular
networking sites like Facebook and FourSquare.
On the project introduction page it outlines the features that may put
GooglePlus a step ahead of other social networking sites.
First of all, instead of updating your feed to everyone, GooglePlus gives
a user the option of only updating to certain circles. A user can have a
friend circle, a family circle and whatever other circles he or she wants. A
person only posts information to the circles he or she wants to see the
Another feature is Sparks, which pulls articles, videos and other media
it thinks a user would like.
There is also a Skype-like feature called Hangouts, which allows users to
video chat with friends any time they are available without actually calling
them. It is the "unplanned meet-up," according to Google.
For now the invites are still limited, and people are not being added to
the project. But people who want to know when GooglePlus opens its doors for
all users can go to its
target="_google">websiteand add their names and email addresses to a
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize advances
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3