The famous search engine, Google.com, is branching out to include a
social networking site.
The new target="_google">GooglePlus Social Network was unveiled for the first
time on Tuesday, and people began to be use it, by invitation only, on
Google had to shut down the invitation feature after hundreds of people
flooded the new social scene, because of the "insane demand," said Vic
Gundotra, Google's head of social. "We need to do this carefully and in a
According to href="http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/29/google-opens-up-then-closes-google-plus-invites/" target="_google">VentureBeat.com, the high demand for the
new service is "telling."
Although the new project is still in beta testing, it is already
producing a lot of hype that previous Google social projects have not had.
Some people are even claiming it to be the next big thing in
href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=92057" target="_google">social networking
target="_google">social networking, even pulling users away from popular
networking sites like Facebook and FourSquare.
On the project introduction page it outlines the features that may put
GooglePlus a step ahead of other social networking sites.
First of all, instead of updating your feed to everyone, GooglePlus gives
a user the option of only updating to certain circles. A user can have a
friend circle, a family circle and whatever other circles he or she wants. A
person only posts information to the circles he or she wants to see the
Another feature is Sparks, which pulls articles, videos and other media
it thinks a user would like.
There is also a Skype-like feature called Hangouts, which allows users to
video chat with friends any time they are available without actually calling
them. It is the "unplanned meet-up," according to Google.
For now the invites are still limited, and people are not being added to
the project. But people who want to know when GooglePlus opens its doors for
all users can go to its
target="_google">websiteand add their names and email addresses to a
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- 5 trends beneath the surface of Nov. jobs report
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Cedar Hills to require business... 4