Without ever coming face-to-face, Mitt Romney and Pres. Barack Obama are very much facing off Thursday in Pennsylvania.
"Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is confronting President Obama on the economy today, visiting a closed-down factory that Mr. Obama himself once held up as an example of a company on the mend."
Romney posted a 40-second YouTube video, "Obama Isn't Working," previewing the message he'll deliver in Pennsylvania.
The Washington Post noted Thursday that this is another example of GOP front-runner Romney targeting the Democratic president instead of fellow Republican candidates.
"This is the latest turn in Romney's strategy to concentrate his campaign on the economy and take his fight past his Republican rivals and directly to Obama. It's also the clearest sign yet of Romney's strengthening position atop the GOP's 2012 field. For all the talk of Romney as a weak front-runner, the former businessman has been able to dictate the terms of the race so far, with the other Republican candidates unable or unwilling yet to throw him off his relentless economic messaging."
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- How Twitter forced the news media to pay...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 105
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 24
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14