Without ever coming face-to-face, Mitt Romney and Pres. Barack Obama are very much facing off Thursday in Pennsylvania.
"Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is confronting President Obama on the economy today, visiting a closed-down factory that Mr. Obama himself once held up as an example of a company on the mend."
Romney posted a 40-second YouTube video, "Obama Isn't Working," previewing the message he'll deliver in Pennsylvania.
The Washington Post noted Thursday that this is another example of GOP front-runner Romney targeting the Democratic president instead of fellow Republican candidates.
"This is the latest turn in Romney's strategy to concentrate his campaign on the economy and take his fight past his Republican rivals and directly to Obama. It's also the clearest sign yet of Romney's strengthening position atop the GOP's 2012 field. For all the talk of Romney as a weak front-runner, the former businessman has been able to dictate the terms of the race so far, with the other Republican candidates unable or unwilling yet to throw him off his relentless economic messaging."
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 22
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13