SALT LAKE CITY — Plans have been finalized for the Utah Pac-12 day celebration scheduled for Friday at noon on the south lawn of the state Capitol.
The celebration and parking for the event will be free to the public. In addition, free shuttles will begin transporting fans from the campus to the Capitol starting at 10:30 a.m. The pickup and drop-off locations are the Heritage Center, the Rice-Eccles Stadium parking lot and the married student housing villages. Shuttles will pick up and drop off every 30 minutes until 1:30 p.m.
The ASUU will host a Student Tent Party on the south lawn, providing free ice cream sandwiches for early-arriving fans. The Utah cheerleaders, dance team and Swoop will move throughout the crowd and distribute temporary face tattoos while the Utah pep band plays a medley of school favorites.
The program will begin at noon and the speaking lineup (in order) is Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill, University of Utah Interim President Lorris Betz, ASUU Student Body President Neela Pack, Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott, Congressman Jim Matheson and Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, who will formally declare July 1, 2011 as Utah Pac-12 day.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19