SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's House speaker has appointed a Draper city councilman to the Utah Transit Authority board of trustees.
Speaker Becky Lockhart, R-Provo, this week named Troy Walker to the post.
Walker will fill a spot vacated by outgoing trustee Terry Diehl. Diehl's term expires in December 2012.
An attorney and a commercial pilot, Walker has served in city government since 2007.
The UTA board is a 15-member appointed body that sets policy and provides guidance for the transportation agency.
— Associated Press
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7