SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's House speaker has appointed a Draper city councilman to the Utah Transit Authority board of trustees.
Speaker Becky Lockhart, R-Provo, this week named Troy Walker to the post.
Walker will fill a spot vacated by outgoing trustee Terry Diehl. Diehl's term expires in December 2012.
An attorney and a commercial pilot, Walker has served in city government since 2007.
The UTA board is a 15-member appointed body that sets policy and provides guidance for the transportation agency.
— Associated Press
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 18