The Jazz organization got Jimmered and missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to improve their public relations and their attendance at games. They didn't read their fans well. All fans love to have a hero athlete to worship and lead their team to winning games. Fans had it in Stockton and Malone, and they loved it.
If the Jazz organization had won "the Jimmer," they would have had an instant hero for the fans to worship. This would be a great boost to Jazz attendance for many years. The Jazz could then be in last place of their division, but with a hero, Jimmer fans would still come out in droves to support him.
The two players the Jazz selected are undoubtedly good players, but who among the fans knows anything about them — other than one is from Turkey. Larry Miller would not have let the opportunity to sign on Jimmer get past him.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25