The Jazz organization got Jimmered and missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to improve their public relations and their attendance at games. They didn't read their fans well. All fans love to have a hero athlete to worship and lead their team to winning games. Fans had it in Stockton and Malone, and they loved it.
If the Jazz organization had won "the Jimmer," they would have had an instant hero for the fans to worship. This would be a great boost to Jazz attendance for many years. The Jazz could then be in last place of their division, but with a hero, Jimmer fans would still come out in droves to support him.
The two players the Jazz selected are undoubtedly good players, but who among the fans knows anything about them — other than one is from Turkey. Larry Miller would not have let the opportunity to sign on Jimmer get past him.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29