The Jazz organization got Jimmered and missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to improve their public relations and their attendance at games. They didn't read their fans well. All fans love to have a hero athlete to worship and lead their team to winning games. Fans had it in Stockton and Malone, and they loved it.
If the Jazz organization had won "the Jimmer," they would have had an instant hero for the fans to worship. This would be a great boost to Jazz attendance for many years. The Jazz could then be in last place of their division, but with a hero, Jimmer fans would still come out in droves to support him.
The two players the Jazz selected are undoubtedly good players, but who among the fans knows anything about them — other than one is from Turkey. Larry Miller would not have let the opportunity to sign on Jimmer get past him.
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- My view: Conservatives must lead the fight...
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should start...
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what leaders...
- Mike Lee: Commending Utah’s academy...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Obama's Social Security...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 45
- Letter: Shooter's motives 31
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 27
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 25
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should... 24
- My view: Conservatives must lead the... 21
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18