HOUSTON — The newest Houston Rockets can certainly talk a big game. Coach Kevin McHale hopes that translates to the court.
The team introduced its four acquisitions from Thursday night's draft, and new forwards Marcus Morris and Donatas Motiejunas immediately fired barbs at two of the league's biggest stars.
Morris, the 14th overall pick from Kansas, compared himself to Carmelo Anthony — except for the lax defense. And Motiejunas, a 7-foot Lithuanian, dared Dwight Howard to match his quickness.
McHale, a brash talker in his playing days with Boston, smiled as he reminded both players that television cameras and microphones were recording everything they said.
The Rockets also acquired point guard Jonny Flynn from Minnesota and drafted forward Chandler Parsons from Florida. McHale says Houston added size and versatility.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43