LOS ANGELES — Miranda Lambert is stepping into new husband Blake Shelton's territory.
On next Wednesday's season finale of NBC's hit singing contest, "The Voice," Lambert will perform a duet with the finalist who was on Shelton's team, Dia Frampton.
Lambert, a Grammy winner for her single "The House That Built Me," said she was "thrilled" to be part of "The Voice."
"It's been a joy watching my husband grow so attached to his team. Truthfully, I am a little jealous that I am not a coach myself. I can't wait to be a part of it," she said.
Country superstars Lambert and Shelton were married last month.
"The Voice" also features Christina Aguilera, Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green as coaches to their own groups of would-be pop stars.
The other finalists competing with Frampton are Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan and Vicci Martinez. The four will perform next Tuesday, with the viewers' choice to be announced on the finale the following night. The winner gets a record contract and a $100,000 prize.
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- 2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in NYC sky
- Carnegie Hall celebrates 125 years and counting
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Book review: 'Wreckage' shares story of plane...
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at Hale...
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: All the world's a staged...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye,... 2
- 2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in... 0
- Carnegie Hall celebrates 125 years and... 0
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney... 0
- Book review: 'Wreckage' shares story of... 0
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at... 0
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30 0