LOS ANGELES — Miranda Lambert is stepping into new husband Blake Shelton's territory.
On next Wednesday's season finale of NBC's hit singing contest, "The Voice," Lambert will perform a duet with the finalist who was on Shelton's team, Dia Frampton.
Lambert, a Grammy winner for her single "The House That Built Me," said she was "thrilled" to be part of "The Voice."
"It's been a joy watching my husband grow so attached to his team. Truthfully, I am a little jealous that I am not a coach myself. I can't wait to be a part of it," she said.
Country superstars Lambert and Shelton were married last month.
"The Voice" also features Christina Aguilera, Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green as coaches to their own groups of would-be pop stars.
The other finalists competing with Frampton are Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan and Vicci Martinez. The four will perform next Tuesday, with the viewers' choice to be announced on the finale the following night. The winner gets a record contract and a $100,000 prize.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1