LOS ANGELES — Miranda Lambert is stepping into new husband Blake Shelton's territory.
On next Wednesday's season finale of NBC's hit singing contest, "The Voice," Lambert will perform a duet with the finalist who was on Shelton's team, Dia Frampton.
Lambert, a Grammy winner for her single "The House That Built Me," said she was "thrilled" to be part of "The Voice."
"It's been a joy watching my husband grow so attached to his team. Truthfully, I am a little jealous that I am not a coach myself. I can't wait to be a part of it," she said.
Country superstars Lambert and Shelton were married last month.
"The Voice" also features Christina Aguilera, Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green as coaches to their own groups of would-be pop stars.
The other finalists competing with Frampton are Javier Colon, Beverly McClellan and Vicci Martinez. The four will perform next Tuesday, with the viewers' choice to be announced on the finale the following night. The winner gets a record contract and a $100,000 prize.
- 'Fast & Furious 6' is fast, furious and...
- Salt Lake City ranked the 14th healthiest...
- LDS veterans share inspiring stories of...
- BYU animation program earns star treatment...
- 'Epic' and other animated films become great...
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Doug's Take: 'Epic' is cute and clever
- Gervais calls out Twitter users for response...
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 1
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly... 1
- New TV show will feature live firings 1
- KUED review: 'Brigham Street' a glimpse... 1
- H&M leads efforts to improve factory... 1
- Salt Lake City ranked the 14th... 1
- 'Fast & Furious 6' is fast, furious and... 1