EUGENE, ORE. — Former BYU athlete Josh McAdams took third place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the USA Track & Field Championships on Thursday. McAdams, a 2006 BYU graduate representing New Balance, finished with a time of 8:40.51.
BYU junior Miles Batty also participated, taking 12th place in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 3:41.72. Cougar senior Victor Weirich and sophomore Chris Little will compete in the pole vault on Saturday.
McAdams advances to race in the 3000-meter steeplechase final on Saturday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28