EUGENE, ORE. — Former BYU athlete Josh McAdams took third place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the USA Track & Field Championships on Thursday. McAdams, a 2006 BYU graduate representing New Balance, finished with a time of 8:40.51.
BYU junior Miles Batty also participated, taking 12th place in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 3:41.72. Cougar senior Victor Weirich and sophomore Chris Little will compete in the pole vault on Saturday.
McAdams advances to race in the 3000-meter steeplechase final on Saturday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16