EUGENE, ORE. — Former BYU athlete Josh McAdams took third place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the USA Track & Field Championships on Thursday. McAdams, a 2006 BYU graduate representing New Balance, finished with a time of 8:40.51.
BYU junior Miles Batty also participated, taking 12th place in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 3:41.72. Cougar senior Victor Weirich and sophomore Chris Little will compete in the pole vault on Saturday.
McAdams advances to race in the 3000-meter steeplechase final on Saturday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32