EUGENE, ORE. — Former BYU athlete Josh McAdams took third place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the USA Track & Field Championships on Thursday. McAdams, a 2006 BYU graduate representing New Balance, finished with a time of 8:40.51.
BYU junior Miles Batty also participated, taking 12th place in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 3:41.72. Cougar senior Victor Weirich and sophomore Chris Little will compete in the pole vault on Saturday.
McAdams advances to race in the 3000-meter steeplechase final on Saturday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between BYU...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 91
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26