EUGENE, ORE. — Former BYU athlete Josh McAdams took third place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the USA Track & Field Championships on Thursday. McAdams, a 2006 BYU graduate representing New Balance, finished with a time of 8:40.51.
BYU junior Miles Batty also participated, taking 12th place in the 1,500-meter race with a time of 3:41.72. Cougar senior Victor Weirich and sophomore Chris Little will compete in the pole vault on Saturday.
McAdams advances to race in the 3000-meter steeplechase final on Saturday.
—Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48