Mitt Romney is the only candidate to genuinely grasp the complexity of the same-sex marriage debate. He has spoken eloquently about our obligation to preserve the natural order of family for future generations. He understands that society acts on behalf of children, and the interests of the child are the sole consideration in determining their living arrangements and governance.
Only parents, who participate in the miraculous creation of a child, have natural claim on the child. Other claim is entrusted as a privilege based on the collective wisdom of society. This disheartens some homosexuals, but with compassion Romney reaches out and offers protections under the law to ensure safety and liberty for those of the same gender who decide to live as partners.
I've closely observed how deeply Romney analyzes issues. He sees the good in others' views and seeks win/win solutions, even as cavalier antagonists brand him "RINO."
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13