NEW YORK — Chicago Fire forward Cristian Nazarit has been suspended two games and fined $500 by the MLS Disciplinary Committee.
He was penalized for his play that endangered the safety of his opponent in the 59th minute of the match against New England on Saturday.
The MLS players union filed an appeal on behalf of Nazarit and MLS Commissioner Don Garber upheld the original decision.
Nazarit will begin his suspension with Wednesday's game against Real Salt Lake.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16