Utah Sen. Bob Bennett was voted out of office for supporting TARP, a government effort to prevent a run on banks that was a major cause of the Great Depression. Tea Party founder David Kirkham compares TARP and other government interventions in the economy to the brutal and failed socialist economic policies that led to the downfall of the former Soviet Union.
Such comparisons are absurd and not rooted in reality. The United States needs conservative ideas to modernize the American economy and reform government, not eliminate it. The tea party wants to cut and starve government until we have nothing left. The absence of government does not bring freedom or liberty; it just brings anarchy. American voters need to reject tea party extremism in favor of mainstream conservatism.
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- In our opinion: Sharing ideas across schools...
- My view: Fighting the ignoble reign of money
- Letters: Bennett is right
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21