Utah Sen. Bob Bennett was voted out of office for supporting TARP, a government effort to prevent a run on banks that was a major cause of the Great Depression. Tea Party founder David Kirkham compares TARP and other government interventions in the economy to the brutal and failed socialist economic policies that led to the downfall of the former Soviet Union.
Such comparisons are absurd and not rooted in reality. The United States needs conservative ideas to modernize the American economy and reform government, not eliminate it. The tea party wants to cut and starve government until we have nothing left. The absence of government does not bring freedom or liberty; it just brings anarchy. American voters need to reject tea party extremism in favor of mainstream conservatism.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25