Several years ago, I attended a debate at the Rose Wagner Theater between two class candidates for Utah governor, Jon Huntsman Jr. and Scott Matheson Jr. After the debate, I was elated at the civility and courtesy each showed their opponent. It was also obvious they were both very smart and knowledgeable.
When I think back to that debate, I hope former Ambassador Huntsman is the same as he enters the presidential Republican primary. I do believe his smarts and civility will make him the best candidate.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 53
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 44
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22