Several years ago, I attended a debate at the Rose Wagner Theater between two class candidates for Utah governor, Jon Huntsman Jr. and Scott Matheson Jr. After the debate, I was elated at the civility and courtesy each showed their opponent. It was also obvious they were both very smart and knowledgeable.
When I think back to that debate, I hope former Ambassador Huntsman is the same as he enters the presidential Republican primary. I do believe his smarts and civility will make him the best candidate.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...
- Letter: Doctors unite