Several years ago, I attended a debate at the Rose Wagner Theater between two class candidates for Utah governor, Jon Huntsman Jr. and Scott Matheson Jr. After the debate, I was elated at the civility and courtesy each showed their opponent. It was also obvious they were both very smart and knowledgeable.
When I think back to that debate, I hope former Ambassador Huntsman is the same as he enters the presidential Republican primary. I do believe his smarts and civility will make him the best candidate.
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40