Several years ago, I attended a debate at the Rose Wagner Theater between two class candidates for Utah governor, Jon Huntsman Jr. and Scott Matheson Jr. After the debate, I was elated at the civility and courtesy each showed their opponent. It was also obvious they were both very smart and knowledgeable.
When I think back to that debate, I hope former Ambassador Huntsman is the same as he enters the presidential Republican primary. I do believe his smarts and civility will make him the best candidate.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33