President Boyd K. Packer, president of the LDS Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, was released from a Massachusetts hospital today following a brief fainting spell Sunday.
"President Packer is feeling better," LDS Church spokesman Scott Trotter. "He is flying home . . . and is grateful for the expressions of concern for his well-being."
President Packer, 86, collapsed Sunday afternoon following rededication services for the Longfellow Park meetinghouse in Cambridge, Mass. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he stayed overnight for observation.
— Joseph Walker
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12