John Beale, Associated Press
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Mike Krzyzewski and Joe Paterno sat side-by-side Monday and talked like they were old acquaintances even though it was the first time the college coaching greats had spent any significant time together.
Duke's basketball coach and Penn State's Hall of Fame football coach shared stories about coaching, leadership and building successful programs during a 90-minute conversation taped Monday for an ESPN program before more than 800 people on Penn State's campus.
Between the two of them, Krzyzewski and Paterno have more than 1,300 victories. When asked, both men said it was time for the NCAA to revise or update the rules governing athletics.
Otherwise, the made-for-TV talk was dominated by exchanges of coaching philosophies along with lighthearted banter.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28