Utah Democrats released a video Monday that parodies three Jon Huntsman Jr. advertisements.
Over the past week Huntsman has released a series of ads showing a stand-in rider wearing Huntsman's motocross gear riding through the Utah desert. Each video's title refers to how much time is left until Huntsman formally announces his presidential candidacy Tuesday in New Jersey: "6 Days," "4 Days" and "Tomorrow."
The Democrats' faux Huntsman advertisement is titled "In 1 Day" and focuses on several issue positions Utah's former governor is allegedly "running away" from.
"It's clear that Jon Huntsman is running — running away from his record as governor of Utah," a Monday press release from the Utah Democratic Party states. "As governor of Utah he supported cap and trade, President Obama's Recovery Act, a health care individual mandate and later expressed support for the president's Affordable Care Act. And as a candidate Huntsman is running away from all those positions, desperately trying to reinvent himself and cater to the right wing of the Republican Party."
Politico columnist Maggie Haberman noted the Huntsman video parody in a blog entry.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: askargo
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25