Utah Democrats released a video Monday that parodies three Jon Huntsman Jr. advertisements.
Over the past week Huntsman has released a series of ads showing a stand-in rider wearing Huntsman's motocross gear riding through the Utah desert. Each video's title refers to how much time is left until Huntsman formally announces his presidential candidacy Tuesday in New Jersey: "6 Days," "4 Days" and "Tomorrow."
The Democrats' faux Huntsman advertisement is titled "In 1 Day" and focuses on several issue positions Utah's former governor is allegedly "running away" from.
"It's clear that Jon Huntsman is running — running away from his record as governor of Utah," a Monday press release from the Utah Democratic Party states. "As governor of Utah he supported cap and trade, President Obama's Recovery Act, a health care individual mandate and later expressed support for the president's Affordable Care Act. And as a candidate Huntsman is running away from all those positions, desperately trying to reinvent himself and cater to the right wing of the Republican Party."
Politico columnist Maggie Haberman noted the Huntsman video parody in a blog entry.
EMAIL: email@example.com twitter: askargo
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15