DETROIT — A police report obtained by The Associated Press is shedding new light on the domestic dispute that put Denver Broncos defensive player Jason Hunter in the hospital.
The report from Detroit police says Hunter was struck in the left upper chest by a kitchen knife hurled at him by his girlfriend during an argument over cell phones the morning of April 27. The report was obtained by the AP through a Freedom of Information Act request.
According to the report, Hunter told police the woman waved the knife and told him to stay back before throwing it "on accident." She took her 27-year-old boyfriend to the hospital and later was arrested. Prosecutors haven't charged her.
Hunter's agent, Robert Walker, said Monday the five-year pro "is well." Hunter required several stitches.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18