I'm sure I'm not the only one to believe there is something suspect in the deportation of several Utah families who were well educated, paying their own way, contributing to society and, to my knowledge, had not been criminally cited. It is my understanding that until the immigration issue is resolved that no one need fear deportation unless he/she had committed a crime.
I hope there is someone out there investigating why several prominent LDS Church families have been hand-picked for deportation while so many others, with less favorable credentials are left alone. I don't favor illegal immigration, but I do expect fair treatment for all.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 29