I'm sure I'm not the only one to believe there is something suspect in the deportation of several Utah families who were well educated, paying their own way, contributing to society and, to my knowledge, had not been criminally cited. It is my understanding that until the immigration issue is resolved that no one need fear deportation unless he/she had committed a crime.
I hope there is someone out there investigating why several prominent LDS Church families have been hand-picked for deportation while so many others, with less favorable credentials are left alone. I don't favor illegal immigration, but I do expect fair treatment for all.
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- In our opinion: On Holder's heels... 34
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32