I'm sure I'm not the only one to believe there is something suspect in the deportation of several Utah families who were well educated, paying their own way, contributing to society and, to my knowledge, had not been criminally cited. It is my understanding that until the immigration issue is resolved that no one need fear deportation unless he/she had committed a crime.
I hope there is someone out there investigating why several prominent LDS Church families have been hand-picked for deportation while so many others, with less favorable credentials are left alone. I don't favor illegal immigration, but I do expect fair treatment for all.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 29
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23