LOGAN — Utah State men's basketball coach Stew Morrill announced Wednesday that in-state standout Sam Orchard has agreed to join the Aggie basketball program beginning in the 2011-12 season.
Orchard, a 6-1, 175-pound guard from Highland High was named the 4A MVP after leading the Rams to a state championship. He averaged 16.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
"Sam has the potential to be a successful Division I basketball player, and we are delighted that he will be a part of our program," said Morrill. "He is an outstanding student with very high character and good basketball skills."
Following the 2011-12 season, Orchard plans on serving a two-year LDS Church mission.
— Staff and wire reports
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28