PROVO — Outfielder Jaycob Brugman of BYU was named to the 2011 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) Freshman All-American Team, the organization announced today.
Brugman, from Phoenix, was a first-team selection. Earlier this month he was also selected to the Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America squad by Collegiate Baseball Magazine.
The 2011 Mountain West Freshman of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection, hit for a .317 average, had 19 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 49 RBIs and scored 37 runs. He also was 13 of 15 in stolen bases, turned four double plays from right field and had 13 assists from the outfield.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Rookie Rodney Hood wins award, Jazz lose...
- Gymnastics: Utes end two-year drought,...
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 24
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16