PROVO — Outfielder Jaycob Brugman of BYU was named to the 2011 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) Freshman All-American Team, the organization announced today.
Brugman, from Phoenix, was a first-team selection. Earlier this month he was also selected to the Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America squad by Collegiate Baseball Magazine.
The 2011 Mountain West Freshman of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection, hit for a .317 average, had 19 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 49 RBIs and scored 37 runs. He also was 13 of 15 in stolen bases, turned four double plays from right field and had 13 assists from the outfield.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48