PROVO — Outfielder Jaycob Brugman of BYU was named to the 2011 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) Freshman All-American Team, the organization announced today.
Brugman, from Phoenix, was a first-team selection. Earlier this month he was also selected to the Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America squad by Collegiate Baseball Magazine.
The 2011 Mountain West Freshman of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection, hit for a .317 average, had 19 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 49 RBIs and scored 37 runs. He also was 13 of 15 in stolen bases, turned four double plays from right field and had 13 assists from the outfield.
— Deseret News staff and wire reports
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22