13. Chicago Fire (2-4-8, 14 points) Prev. 14: Chicago finally put its winless streak to an end with a thrilling finish against Columbus. However, the Fire should have come away with two victories this week as the Fire settled for a tie while playing up a man against Kansas City on Thursday. Next up: New England, Saturday.
14. Portland Timbers (5-6-2, 17 points) Prev. 11: Portland's home-field dominance appears to be over as is its Cinderella season. The Timbers are in the midst of a three-game losing streak while dealing with one of the fewest setbacks from international call-ups. Next up: New York, Sunday.
15. Sporting Kansas City (2-6-4, 10 points) Prev. 16: Kansas City has a new stadium but couldn't win there. Solace was found in Dallas, where goals flew in with relative ease. If Kansas City can find a way to get points at home as easily as it did in Dallas, a playoff run is possible, barely. Next up: San Jose, Friday.
16. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (1-6-8, 11 points) Prev. 17: Eric Hassli made up for all three of his red cards with the most spectacular goal of the season. It easily outdoes Carlos Ruiz's volley and will compete with Juan Agudelo's strike for goal of the year. Unfortunately, Hassli's goal only resulted in a tie for the Caps, who are still winless since opening weekend. Next up: Philadelphia, Saturday.
17. Toronto FC (2-5-8, 14 points) Prev. 18: Like DC United, Toronto has to be more than thrilled to have tied Los Angeles in both matches this season. Toronto's equalizer against the Galaxy was one of the most thrilling of an extremely exciting week of MLS. Next up: New England, Wednesday and Seattle, Saturday.
18. New England Revolution (3-7-4, 13 points) Prev. 15: New England makes its first appearance at the bottom of the rankings. New England has few excuses for its poor soccer. Lack of talent, bad execution, mediocre coaching and selfish play aren't excuses, they are causes. Next up: Toronto, Wednesday & Chicago, Saturday.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45