13. Chicago Fire (2-4-8, 14 points) Prev. 14: Chicago finally put its winless streak to an end with a thrilling finish against Columbus. However, the Fire should have come away with two victories this week as the Fire settled for a tie while playing up a man against Kansas City on Thursday. Next up: New England, Saturday.
14. Portland Timbers (5-6-2, 17 points) Prev. 11: Portland's home-field dominance appears to be over as is its Cinderella season. The Timbers are in the midst of a three-game losing streak while dealing with one of the fewest setbacks from international call-ups. Next up: New York, Sunday.
15. Sporting Kansas City (2-6-4, 10 points) Prev. 16: Kansas City has a new stadium but couldn't win there. Solace was found in Dallas, where goals flew in with relative ease. If Kansas City can find a way to get points at home as easily as it did in Dallas, a playoff run is possible, barely. Next up: San Jose, Friday.
16. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (1-6-8, 11 points) Prev. 17: Eric Hassli made up for all three of his red cards with the most spectacular goal of the season. It easily outdoes Carlos Ruiz's volley and will compete with Juan Agudelo's strike for goal of the year. Unfortunately, Hassli's goal only resulted in a tie for the Caps, who are still winless since opening weekend. Next up: Philadelphia, Saturday.
17. Toronto FC (2-5-8, 14 points) Prev. 18: Like DC United, Toronto has to be more than thrilled to have tied Los Angeles in both matches this season. Toronto's equalizer against the Galaxy was one of the most thrilling of an extremely exciting week of MLS. Next up: New England, Wednesday and Seattle, Saturday.
18. New England Revolution (3-7-4, 13 points) Prev. 15: New England makes its first appearance at the bottom of the rankings. New England has few excuses for its poor soccer. Lack of talent, bad execution, mediocre coaching and selfish play aren't excuses, they are causes. Next up: Toronto, Wednesday & Chicago, Saturday.
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 153
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 41
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19