We should uphold our Constitution to protect our country. There are grassroots citizens of Utah who do not want to keep encouraging the illegal invasion. They want immigration laws enforced. Our state is at a road having a fork leading two ways. One way supports and upholds our Constitution, enforces our immigration laws, is conservative, gives us freedom to act and make decisions on our own.
The other fork, supporting HB116, leads to never-ending problems of illegal immigration and a constant greater expense to our state and country. Supporting my family and the welfare, education and health for those who are illegal is crushing me. Supporting the drive to repeal HB 116 is imperative to our state.
E. Phil Morgan
Salt Lake City
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- This year's most popular editorials
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20