The posterity of the Biblical figure Israel are known as Israelites. But, what are Obama-ites?
"There's no Republican who is going to be a Huntsman person; he's an Obama-ite," said John Sununu, the former Republican governor of New Hampshire, according to Scot Lehigh's Boston Globe article.
Sununu may not be alone in his opinionated view.
"The rap is that (Huntsman) is too close to Obama because he served until recently as U.S. ambassador to China," said a USA Today editorial.
Of course this "rap" may be the making of President Obama, who made the following tongue-in-cheek speculation: "I'm sure that (Huntsman) having worked so well with me will be a great asset in any Republican primary."
Huntsman has already tried to address concerns about his service under Obama. During a University of South Carolina commencement address he urged students to "Serve (America), if asked," and then explained quite diplomatically, "I was (asked to serve) by a president of a different political party. But in the end, while we might not all be of one party, we are all part of one nation."
Yet, even if this explanation quells apprehension about Huntsman's ties to the Obama administration, he may still have to overcome being "seen as a moderate because of his centrist positions on immigration, cap-and-trade legislation and gay rights," according to Brian Montopoll in his CBS News article.
Despite efforts to paint Huntsman as an "Obama-ite," Lehigh said Huntsman seems more likely "to round out the serious trio (with Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty)," than the rest of the GOP hopefuls.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15