The posterity of the Biblical figure Israel are known as Israelites. But, what are Obama-ites?
"There's no Republican who is going to be a Huntsman person; he's an Obama-ite," said John Sununu, the former Republican governor of New Hampshire, according to Scot Lehigh's Boston Globe article.
Sununu may not be alone in his opinionated view.
"The rap is that (Huntsman) is too close to Obama because he served until recently as U.S. ambassador to China," said a USA Today editorial.
Of course this "rap" may be the making of President Obama, who made the following tongue-in-cheek speculation: "I'm sure that (Huntsman) having worked so well with me will be a great asset in any Republican primary."
Huntsman has already tried to address concerns about his service under Obama. During a University of South Carolina commencement address he urged students to "Serve (America), if asked," and then explained quite diplomatically, "I was (asked to serve) by a president of a different political party. But in the end, while we might not all be of one party, we are all part of one nation."
Yet, even if this explanation quells apprehension about Huntsman's ties to the Obama administration, he may still have to overcome being "seen as a moderate because of his centrist positions on immigration, cap-and-trade legislation and gay rights," according to Brian Montopoll in his CBS News article.
Despite efforts to paint Huntsman as an "Obama-ite," Lehigh said Huntsman seems more likely "to round out the serious trio (with Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty)," than the rest of the GOP hopefuls.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17