The agency is managed and operated by a staff of licensed professional therapists and a board-certified psychiatrist.
Toone swept a gesturing hand around the new Sugarhouse Welfare Services Center and said, "This is all a training facility — the Lord really doesn't need a thrift store.
Then he added while holding a forefinger and thing a fraction of an inch apart: "It's just this much of business. It's to help the rest get done."
LDS Welfare Services fact sheet — 2010
Days of labor donated to church welfare services — 777,381
Employment and training placements — 168,713
Total number of
storehouses — 143
Home storage centers — 102
Production projects — 54
Processing facilities — 23
Storage and distribution facilities — 36
Employment resource centers — 326
Deseret Industries thrift stores — 43
LDS Family Services offices — 79
Number of missionaries serving in LDS Welfare Services — 8,583LDS Welfare Services
fact sheet — 2010
Days of labor donated to church welfare services 777,381
Total number of storehouses143
Home storage centers102
Storage and distribution facilities36
Employment resource centers326
Deseret Industries thrift stores43
LDS Family Services offices79
Number of missionaries serving
in LDS Welfare Services8,583
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 46
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 26
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 22
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20